Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Macarons, Paper Bag!

Hi! Finally found time to blog these. I had been busy and as I am sick today, I skipped school and now that I feel better I decided to post. I finally went to Art Friend and it was a disaster but you don't have to know that :) I won't be posting on it so a summary is : I bought some wood thingys to deco (you'll see them in upcoming posts), some PVC boards, wood, glue and ribbons for the macaron tower. I also wasted $7 there. It was a horrible spendthrift day and looking back on it I bet I wasted at least 30 bucks during the entire shopping trip.

I finally finally finished this up, I got so sick of popping macarons shells I am amazed I finished it >< 



Looks like the tower is almost as tall as baby Kelly :D


Macaron tower measures 4 cm in height, 3.5 cm in base diameter. Each macaron shell is awfully small :)

Well this time was quite a fun experience. Popping macaron shells while watching tv haha! Also I learned one very important fact:

The cone of the tower is awfully important. This tower's was really uneven and gross :( If you look through the top, it revealed some crappy clay :P Anyways it caused alot of trouble, and the uneven base gave me headaches. As you can see the bottom row is wrapped in a ribbon. It was supposed to be covered in macarons but ya :( Even when appplying the ribbon, it took me 2 tries and 2 ribbons to do it. I'll have to throw away a cone I did together with this :(

As you can see in the pictures, there is also a paperbag! I did it in between classes! It was fun and when I have more time I'll mass produce it. I use the dimensions of a tutorial as my math brain never fails to fail me. Anyway, the tutorial can be found in the "tutorials" tab so check it out!


P.S No one has asked for the referral code yet! I think it gives a 10-20% discount so please ask it from me or it'll just expire and die :(

XOXO,
Moo Moo Cow

No comments:

Post a Comment