Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Here's how I do my Sweets Deco Whipped Cream


Have you found the perfect formula to whipped cream?

No fuss, No expensive stuff, But yes to texture and quality?

Here's a sharing on how I do mine :)

Not the best, but I think it works fairly well for me :D

First up: Ingredients:



$2 Daiso Clay : I'm LOVING IT REALLY. Gives your final whipped cream the whipped cream look ^_^


The $7 shit I bought. I need to give it a new name. How about Gesso?

Haha you don't need a lot per batch, so it can last me some time :)

This is the special ingredient which will give your whipped cream the steadiness which will help it in sticking to your deco piece super hard-ly :D

It's basically canvas base, so its super hard. It's something like high quality acrylic so I think if you don't have this you can get acrylic, but of course if you go art friend u can always get this. Its $7 for a huge tub so I think its worth it! (Probably the most ex part of this recipe!)

It's slightly different from acrylic, yet around the same :)



The inside~ 


Glue! Acrylic is really strong and once I mixed it with flour and the two just mixed their strongness and it cracked. This time I replace flour with daiso clay and added in some glue to hold them together.

Common Sense BABY!

Haha, basically desperado to use acrylic and refusal to give up on it so I devised this recipe and surprisingly it worked out :D

So you mix mix mix.

mix mix mix.

mix mix mix.

its gonna take some time...

mix mix mix.

mix mix mix.

TA DA!!!


I don't know if you can see it, but I HEART THE TEXTURE >< If you see it in the starbucks photo, it has this imperfect look about this which really gives me the whipped cream feeling ^_^

Okay so if you ask me what amounts? Again I can't tell you. I don't go use cups and measure.

I first throw in whichever amount of daiso clay I want. 

Add a bit of acrylic, add a bit of glue.

What you want to know is:

Too Much Acrylic: MIght Crack! Haven't happened to me but the flour+acrylic thingy just serves as warning lol.

Too much glue: The details won't hold. Happened to me the last time I did this >< But if you don't put this, the clay won't hold and it will just be a musy mess.

So yeap, go easy on the amounts and once u reach a pipable but holdable texture, you've got it ;)

Last but not least, to clarify:

3) The glue I use is white glue so don't freak out if u don't look like you have the same bottle.
2) The Acrylic I use is called Gesso, or canvas base but you might want to try other forms of acrylic.
3) I use daiso clay, but you can probably substitute with any soft clay (not resin clay cause it won't be whipped creamy!)

Tell me if you tried this recipe! I hope it works out for you :)

Will be using this for future deco because it can be glazed and might try out arista soft (it is quite affordable and it has been stocked in tinkleart) but meanwhile I am gonna snatch a few more boxes of daiso clay :)




No comments:

Post a Comment