Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Caning Experiment~

I have never successfully caned before :( Had resigned my fate to buying them, but realized that they don't work for 1:12 .__.

So I used those random colored clay (I had no more white) to make these as an experiment!

I won't consider it a success, because ... JUST LOOK AT THE PICS.


LOL Wastage :X




End product~ I used mainly yellow and black clay.


I wanted to try different techniques. This is the roll technique. Most successful of the three techniques. Plus I have never really succeeded before hah.


The other two techniques, cutting and piecing and combining canes.

As you can see, the cut and piece technique went mad, like my past tries :( It looks like some spider  sweet omg. 

As for the combining cane thing, it turned out alright. As a side comment, don't you think it looks like a rotten guava? #justsaying



I made both big and small ones, and I have to say reducing wise, the detail stayed :D

Overall, i learnt good caning habits such as Squeeze and Pull and not roll, Roll and Slice, being careful and so on. 

I am not exactly ready to make "real" canes, and probably going to start another caning experiment to see if I can pull off the cut and piece cane (like oranges and lemons).

Sigh, I'm just bad at caning. /dies/

Any good caning tips? :)

xoxo,
Moo Moo Cow

No comments:

Post a Comment