Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Air Dry Clay!

So I just ordered some air dry clay! Yippee! Was really excited >< Wanted to buy modena as its waterproof so I ordered a pack from tinkleart. However, it turned out I bought soft clay instead of resin clay. I was trying to buy resin clay as it will not be so crumbly >< So I had to order again :( This time I got grace clay :) So I shall just say what I feel after trying them out LOL. They aren't really reviews but I'll just categorise them there.. if I do get a review for them, then well I link them.
Modena Clay is pretty horrible personally. It dries VERY quickly and it is not sticky. I mini, it is sticky as in it sticks to each other but it is just very hard to work with it. It NEVER forms a perfect ball :( It is also horrible for making whipped cream as it is water proof :( However, I've decided to mix it with Grace Clay to make ice cream scoops using tutorial from Sweet and Tiny :) It's for a little project which I'll share once its completed :P Well I don't think I'll use it again. Its very weird, unlike daiso clay. I don't think it's my type of clay ><

Grace Clay (Sorry, forgot to take pictures.) I think its cool. It felt like mochi on first touch and its sticky but not sticky enough to stick to my hands. So it can form balls unlike MOdena Soft :) I left one to dry and the texture's very nice and smooth, and like many reviews, I believe its fab for caning and translucent-ish stuff :) However, mixing it with acrylics means taking its stickiness to another level. It really does dry darker (which is good cause if I add anymore acrylic it'll just be a sticky mess) :) I put in some ochre to make KFC Chicken Crumbs (from a tip from I Love Little Things ^^) So far, it seems cool and it comes in two sausages! But it's really costly :( I wanted to use it to make whipped cream since daiso clay can be whipped but does'nt dry shiny. But grace clay is too expensive :( Well so far I LOVE grace clay! Will mix it with some daiso clay and see if it'll make nice cookies! Shall look around for some "Recommended recipes!"

Well, I'll be taking on some jumping clay soon! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment